About the Laser Cut Mug Rug Kit Club
The pre-fused, laser cut Mug Rug Kits include all the applique pieces pre-fused with Heat-N-Bond Lite, a full-color printed pattern with detailed placement guide, background fabric, backing fabric, binding, fusible batting and embellishments. Bonus materials incldued each month so you can turn your mug rug into a zippy bag if desired! Fabrics used in the kits are by Moda, Riley Blake and/or Henry Glass and are of the highest quality. Membership to this Club also includes access to embroidery files for your home embroidery machine!
Materials Included in the Kits
- Exclusive Pattern available only through the Mug Rug Club
- Embroidery Files for Your Home Embroidery Machine*
- Pre-fused, Laser Cut Applique Pieces
- Background Fabric/Outside of Bag
- Backing Fabric/Inside of Bag
- 2 1/4″ by WOF Strip of Binding
- Fusible Batting
- Buttons, Ric Rac or other Embellishments
Additional Materials Needed
- 28 wt or 30 wt Thread for Applique
- 50 wt Thread for Piecing and Bobbin during Applique
- Embroidery Thread if Using Your Embroidery Machine
Embroidery File Types Included
2018 Mug Rug Club Design Schedule
- January 2018: To Gnome is to Love Me (To Know Me is the Love Me)
- February 2018: Lucky Bird
- March 2018: To Be Named
- April 2018: To Be Named
- May 2018: To Be Named
- June 2018: To Be Named
- July 2018: To Be Named
- August 2018: To Be Named
- September 2018: To Be Named
- October 2018: To Be Named
- November 2018: To Be Named
- December 2018: To Be Named
As you can see, the mug rugs are focused around the seasons and holidays. We do our very best to style the Mug Rug Club in a way that gives you time to make the mug rug before the next holiday. For example, the January Mug Rug Kit is styled to Valentine’s Day which is in February, The March Mug Rug Kit is styled to Easter which is in April, the June Mug Rug Kit is styled to Independence Day which is in July, etc.
Your mug rug club continues until you cancel it, mug rugs will not be repeated so you can stay a member as long as you want!
Once you are a member of the club you can email us to purchase past designs (while supplies last). Here are the names of past designs …
- January 2017: Cinnamon Bear
- February 2017: Shamrock Cottage
- March 2017: Hop To It
- April 2017: Free Ride
- May 2017: There’s A Bug In My Hair
- June 2017: American Scooter
- July 2017: Sammy Seahorse
- August 2017: Summer Sipper
- September 2017: Spooky Boot
- October 2017: Fall Glory
- November 2017: Cup O’ Cheer
- December 2017: Jolly Frost
*The Mug Rug Club is designed by Julie Love, designer here at Stitches of Love, specifically for this club. The mug rugs designed for this club will not be available for purchase in any other form outside of this club for one full calendar year. For example, the January Mug Rug Kit is Cinnamon Bear, she will not be available outside of this club until January 16, 2018. The February Mug Rug Kit is the Shamrock Cottage, it won’t be available for purchase outside of this club until February 16, 2017. This way all of our Mug Rug Club members are receiving a very special and exclusive design each month. Only Mug Rug Club Members can purchase additional kits of the designs featured in this club.
Mug Rug Machine Applique Tutorials
One: What’s in a laser cut mug rug kit from Stitches of Love?
Two:How to use an applique placement guide with your laser cut mug rug kit.
Three:Buttonhole stitch basics for machine applique.
Four:How to sew a button on using your machine.
Five:How to put backing on your mug rug.
Six:How to square your mug rug.
Seven:How to prep binding for your mug rug.
Eight: Binding with mitered corners on your mug rug.