- We suggest that you use high quality, 100% cotton fabric from quilt shops – from beginning to end this does make a difference and is worth the cost.
- Each layer of your quilt (quilt top, batting, backing) are loaded separately onto Miss Ruby so please do not baste your quilt before you get it to us.
- Your backing should measure approximately 6” – 8” larger than your quilt top so that we can properly load your quilt layers onto Miss Ruby. (IE your quilt top is 40” x 40” and your backing is 46” x 46”)
- You may supply your own batting but do make sure it is 6” – 8” larger than your quilt top and approximately the same size as your backing.
- Please press your quilt top before you bring it to us. Pay special attention to seams and make sure that your quilt top lies flat. The bubbles and ripples sometimes quilt out and sometimes remain noticeable – especially in the borders. (If we notice that your quilt is too “bubbly” we will give you a call or shoot you an email before we load it onto to Miss Ruby.)
- Do not add embellishments to the quilt top before you send your quilt to us. If you must, please note that we will not be able to quilt that particular area – in some cases this is OK depending upon the quilt design itself. (Again, we will call or email if we notice anything before we load your quilt onto Miss Ruby.)
- Make sure you have clipped all of the threads on the top and bottom of your quilt top – this makes the quilt top neater and you avoid a stray thread showing through!
- Make one quick quarter inch line of stitching around the outer area of your quilt top. This again keeps your quilt neater and avoids stretching.
- If your quilt has a definite top and bottom and you think we may not see it right off the bat please include a note pinned to the top simply saying “Hey, this is the top!” This way if your design is directional it will match your quilt .
- We can supply the batting for you. We order large rolls and therefore your batting is not pieced (unless your quilt is really big) and our batting is oftentimes priced better than retail.
- You can supply your own batting – not a problem at all. Please do make sure that the batting is approximately 6”-8” larger than your quilt top and around the same size as your backing.
- Again, make sure your backing is 6”-8” larger than your quilt top.
- Trim off any selvages and square up your backing.
- Hmmm…what can we say…we don’t offer this – sorry!
Email Stchsluv@aol.com and let us know you would like to reserve a spot in line for your quilt. We will send you an PayPal invoice for $25.00. This serves as your deposit, reserves your spot in line, and will be deducted from your final total. This is non-refundable.