Fabric Lines Used in the Pincushion
The Birds and the Bees Pincushion is made with fabrics by quilt shop quality fabrics by Riley Blake Designs.
- Assorted Fabrics for Applique Pieces
- 1 – 4 1/2″ by 9″ Background Fabric
- 1 – 4 1/2″ by 9″ Fusible Batting
- 1 – 3/16″ Hand-Dyed Button
- 1 – Handmade Bird Pin
- Wool Roving, Crushed Walnut Shells, or Pincushion Filling of your Choice.
- 28 wt or 30 Thread for Applique*
- 50 wt Thread for Piecing and Applique*
- Applique Pressing Sheet
*We recommend using a 28 wt or 30 wt thread in your needle and a 50 wt thread in your bobbin for the applique. Use a 50 wt thread in your needle and bobbin for piecing.