About the Laser Cut Mug Rug Kit Club
The pre-fused, laser cut Mug Rug and Zipper Bag Kits include all the applique pieces pre-fused with Heat-N-Bond Lite, a full-color printed pattern with detailed placement guide, background fabric, backing fabric, binding, fusible batting and embellishments. Fabrics used in the kits are by Moda, Riley Blake and/or Henry Glass and are of the highest quality. Membership to this Club also includes access to embroidery files for your home embroidery machine!
Materials Included in the Kits
- Exclusive Pattern available only through the Mug Rug Club
- Embroidery Files for Your Home Embroidery Machine*
- Pre-fused, Laser Cut Applique Pieces
- Mug Rug Background Fabric and Outside of Bag
- Mug Rug Backing Fabric and Inside of Bag
- 2 – 2 1/4″ by WOF Strips of Binding
- Fusible Batting
- Buttons, Ric Rac or other Embellishments
Additional Materials Needed
- 28 wt or 30 wt Thread for Applique
- 50 wt Thread for Piecing and Bobbin during Applique
- Embroidery Thread if Using Your Embroidery Machine
Embroidery File Types Included
2019 Mug Rug Club Design Schedule
- January 2019: Air Mail
- February 2019: Modern Bloom
- March 2019:Miss Bunny
- April 2019: To Be Named
- May 2019: To Be Named
- June 2019: To Be Named
- July 2019: To Be Named
- August 2019: To Be Named
- September 2019: To Be Named
- October 2019: To Be Named
- November 2019: To Be Named
- December 2019: To Be Named
As you can see, the mug rugs are focused around the seasons and holidays. We do our very best to style the Mug Rug Club in a way that gives you time to make the mug rug before the next holiday. For example, the January Mug Rug Kit is styled to Valentine’s Day which is in February, The March Mug Rug Kit is styled to Easter which is in April, the June Mug Rug Kit is styled to Independence Day which is in July, etc.
Your mug rug club continues until you cancel it, mug rugs will not be repeated so you can stay a member as long as you want!
Once you are a member of the club you can email us to purchase past designs (while supplies last). Here are the names of past designs …
- January 2017: Cinnamon Bear
- February 2017: Shamrock Cottage
- March 2017: Hop To It
- April 2017: Free Ride
- May 2017: There’s A Bug In My Hair
- June 2017: American Scooter
- July 2017: Sammy Seahorse
- August 2017: Summer Sipper
- September 2017: Spooky Boot
- October 2017: Fall Glory
- November 2017: Cup O’ Cheer
- December 2017: Jolly Frost
- January 2018: To Gnome is to Love Me (To Know Me is the Love Me)
- February 2018: Lucky Bird
- March 2018: The Hopster
- April 2018: Trevor the Tree Frog
- May 2018: Beehive
- June 2018: A Bite of Summer
- July 2018: Day At the Beach
- August 2018: Game Day
- September 2018: Sit for a Spell
- October 2018: Willard the Wise Owl
- November 2018: The Nutcracker
- December 2018: Stitch!
*The Mug Rug Club is designed by Julie Love, designer here at Stitches of Love, specifically for this club. The mug rugs designed for this club will not be available for purchase in any other form outside of this club for 30 days. This way all of our Mug Rug Club members are receiving a very special design each month before anyone else.
Mug Rug Machine Applique Tutorials
One: What’s in a laser cut mug rug kit from Stitches of Love?
Two:How to use an applique placement guide with your laser cut mug rug kit.
Three:Buttonhole stitch basics for machine applique.
Four:How to sew a button on using your machine.
Five:How to put backing on your mug rug.
Six:How to square your mug rug.
Seven:How to prep binding for your mug rug.
Eight: Binding with mitered corners on your mug rug.
Nine:How to finish your mug rug binding by hand or machine.
Ten:How to machine applique holly berries and other tiny pieces.
Please Note: You can cancel your membership via your account anytime. Cancellations made via your account when logged in are immediate. If you email a request to cancel it may take up to 5 days to process. Any renewals during the pending time period will be processed and shipped.