You’re Invited to Join the Free Stitch Along
The Spring in the Hoop Stitch Along is part of our Stitch365. Days 92 – 136 of our daily tip and inspiration video series will focus on colored pencil hand embroidery and include access to a free PDF Downloadable Pattern so you can stitch along. This will be an interactive way to use the tips from the videos right away and complete a darling little project!
What You’ll Stitch and Learn
You will learn how to make the Spring in the Hoop project from start to finish. Specifically, you will learn:
- How to trace your hand embroidery design onto cotton fabric.
- How to use colored pencils to color on fabric.
- How to ensure your coloring lasts by using a fixative.
- How to heat set your coloring.
- How to do the stem stitch.
- How to do the back stitch.
- How to stitch a french knot.
- How to do a running stitch.
- How to dye a wooden hoop.
- How to nicely finish off the back of your hoop/project.
Overview of Dates
The daily tips will focus on colored pencil hand embroidery starting on February 4th, 2019. The Spring in the Hoop PDF Downloadable Pattern is available for pre-order (for free) and will become available in your account on stitchesoflovequilting.com on February 28th, 2019. Stitching will begin on March 11th, 2019. Use the Supply List provided to gather your materials and read through the PDF Pattern before we begin. We do have kits available … scroll down and you will see links to them. (Please note that the Spring in the Hoop PDF Downloadable Pattern is free only during this stitch along, it will become a paid pattern on April 6th, 2019.)
Here are the dates in a list format:
- Colored Pencil Hand Embroidery Stitch Tips and Inspiration begin on February 4th, 2019. (Stitching doesn’t begin until March 11th, 2019.)
- Pre-Order your Free Spring in the Hoop PDF Downloadable pattern before February 27th, 2019. The pattern will be released on February 28th, 2019.
- Review the Supply List. You can use the list to gather all of the necessary materials or you can choose to purchase the Spring in the Hoop and Colored Pencil Hand Embroidery Starter kits.
- Pre-Order your Spring in the Hoop Kit before February 27th, 2019. The kits will begin shipping on February 28th, 2019.
- Pre-Order your Colored Pencil Hand Embroidery Started Kit before February 27th, 2019. The kits will begin shipping on February 28th, 2019.
- Stitching begins on March 11th, 2019. The stitch along dates will specifically be March 11th, 2019 – April 5th, 2019.
Reserve Your Spot
You will want to make sure you reserve your spot in the stitch along by “purchasing” the free Spring in the Hoop PDF Downloadable Pattern. We have you purchase the free product for $0.00 so that we have your information to communicate with you and so that your pattern is accessible within your account on stitchesoflovequilting.com for download. You will not have to enter in any payment information to “purchase” the free pattern.
You will also want to sign up to receive our Stitch365 emails. To do this, simply click here and enter your name and email. Make sure to select Stitch365 under email preferences so you receive the daily emails for the stitch along.
Supply List and Available Kits
There are a variety of items you will want to have on hand to easily stitch along. You can download the supply list here and gather all the materials.
We also put together kits to cover most everything on the supply list. There are two kits:
- Spring in the Hoop Kit – This kit is specific to this stitch along and includes the background fabric, hand embroidery threads, colored pencils, fusible batting, hoop and felt.
- Colored Pencil Hand Embroidery Starter Kit – This kit includes the fixative, blending tool, brush and pigma pen. You can use this kit again and again on future projects.
The Spring in the Hoop Kit is currently available for pre-order. It is only $20.00 with $3.95 shipping within the US. International shipping is also available. The kit will begin shipping on February 28th.
The Colored Pencil Hand Embroidery Starter Kit is currently available for pre-order. It is only $20.00 with $3.95 shipping within the US. International shipping is also available. The kit will begin shipping on February 28th.
We also have the Tulip Needles available for purchase.
Invite Your Friends to Join You
This is a lovely way to share your love of stitching with friends and family. The project is very approachable for all skill levels. From beginner to advanced, the daily step by step video tutorials will walk you through coloring, stitching, dyeing and finishing your project. Scroll to the bottom of this post and there are “Share Buttons” that you can click on to easily send this post directly via email or social media.
Bookmark this Post
Save this post to your browser bookmarks, the home screen on your phone or ipad, or even pin it to a Pinterest board. Just make sure you can easily check back to this page anytime in the future. We will fill the page with links to each and every video throughout the entire stitch along!